Professional teeth cleanings and checkups are a crucial step in maintaining and staying on top of your oral health. Brushing and flossing are sometimes not enough to get rid of the bacteria and plaque buildup in your mouth, and this is why it’s important that you pay regular visits to our office for regular checkups and cleanings. Here at Hermitage Dental Group, we strongly encourage our patients to make dental checkups and cleanings a habit in order to achieve optimum oral health.
A professional dental cleaning is a procedure performed to steer clear of cavities, gum diseases, decay, bad breath and other oral health problems. During this procedure, plaque and tartar deposits are removed, and all areas of your teeth are thoroughly cleaned, especially the hard-to-reach places where your toothbrush and floss cannot provide effective cleaning.
Dental checkups are just as important as cleanings because this is the time when your dentist can conduct a full examination and evaluation of your mouth. The services that are performed at our office during a checkup are the following.
- Reviewing and updating the dental and medical history of the patient to gain a background knowledge on the patient’s existing health issues that could also have an influence on their state of oral health.
- Comprehensive checkup of the teeth and gums and evaluation of the gum tissues
- Taking X-rays to further check for decayed areas in the teeth that are not easily visible to the naked eye
- We also perform a comprehensive screening for oral cancer in order to rule out the possibility of its occurrence.
What are the benefits of regular dental cleanings and checkups?
- Having regular checkups and dental cleanings can help you achieve optimum oral health. When you maintain proper hygiene, you can prevent many gum diseases associated with serious health conditions which means that your overall health will also benefit.
- Thorough cleaning can help boost your self-confidence because you will not have to hide stained teeth or suffer from bad breath.
- You can prevent tooth decay and cavities because you can be assured that your teeth and gums and thoroughly cleaned. Decay and cavities are the result of the bacterial buildup in your mouth, and if this is managed by getting dental cleanings, you can keep teeth damages at bay.
- You can preserve your permanent teeth longer and be able to avoid tooth loss. Tooth loss is often a product of gum disease, which begins with poor oral hygiene.
To schedule an appointment, you can call Hermitage Dental Group at (615) 241-6461.