For those who wish to have a beautiful smile just like their favorite celebrity, cosmetic dentistry could be the answer. This branch of dentistry offers a wide range of solutions to restore the beauty and function of your teeth by improving their color, position, shape, size, alignment and their overall look.
Some of the common cosmetic dentistry procedures are:
- Inlays and onlays. Inlays and onlays are referred to as indirect fillings and are typically performed for teeth with moderate decay or damage. These are custom-made by taking impressions of your teeth. They are an ideal option to save a tooth when there is not enough tooth structure left to support a filling.
- Teeth Whitening. Teeth whitening is one of the most commonly performed procedures in cosmetic dentistry. It delivers a fast and visible change in the color of your teeth.
- Composite Tooth Bonding. Bonding is performed to address or fix chipped, damaged, broken or decayed teeth with the use of a composite resin material that blends in with the natural color of your teeth.
- Fillings. Fillings are an ideal method to save a decayed tooth from further damage. They restore the affected tooth to its normal function and appearance without the need for an extraction.
Benefits of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Cosmetic dentistry can address several flaws and imperfections affecting the appearance of your teeth. It can address issues like stained teeth, cracked, broken, chipped teeth and even teeth with gaps and spaces.
- Cosmetic dentistry can restore your youthful glow and appearance because it offers dental solutions for oral health problems caused by aging.
- Certain procedures in cosmetic dentistry not only restore the beauty of your teeth, but they also help protect and prevent damage to your teeth.
- These procedures can last for many years especially when you provide proper care for your teeth, gums and mouth.
For more information on cosmetic dentistry, call Hermitage Dental Group at (615) 241-6461.