At Hermitage Dental Group, it is our goal to provide our patients with a high-quality, comfortable dental care experience like no other. We aim to help our patients achieve optimum oral health which is why we strive to deliver all the services that will address your specific and unique dental needs.
One of the most common problems being brought to the attention of our dental experts is missing teeth. In these cases, crowns and bridges can be an ideal solution.
A crown is used as a replacement tooth or a cover for a damaged, decayed or missing tooth. A weak tooth can be held together with the use of a crown. It can also strengthen a broken tooth by holding it together and protecting its structure. Crowns look natural because they are made of materials that can blend in with the natural color of your teeth. Aside from protection for a weak tooth and saving a damaged tooth, a crown is also an ideal option when it comes to improving a tooth’s appearance, shape, size and alignment.
Here are some of the most important uses of a dental crown:
- To protect a weak tooth from further damage or to keep it from breaking. Crowns can also hold together the broken pieces of a cracked tooth.
- To restore a broken tooth or a worn-down tooth
- To serve as support for a tooth which used to have a large filling or a tooth that does not have enough structure left
- To serve as a cover for an extremely stained or discolored tooth
- To act as an artificial tooth for a dental implant
- To make cosmetic changes and improvements
- To serve as a cover for a tooth that has undergone root canal treatment
What are dental bridges?
A dental bridge is used to “bridge” or close the space left by missing teeth. When you lose some teeth, we recommend the use of dental bridges to prevent your other permanent teeth from moving or shifting from their original position.
Benefits of Bridges:
- They help in restoring your smile.
- They prevent natural teeth from drifting out of position.
- They help in maintaining a proper shape for your face.
- Missing teeth can hamper your ability to speak and chew. The use of bridges fixes these problems.
- By acting as a replacement for missing teeth, bridges distribute the forces in your bite properly.
We provide porcelain crowns and bridges at our practice since they are more natural-looking and are also resistant to stains.
For more information on crowns and bridges, you can call our office at (615) 241-6461.