If you are looking for dental solutions that will improve the appearance of your teeth and address minor imperfections especially on the surfaces, then one of the most common and most recommended treatments are dental veneers.
Veneers can either be made of porcelain or composite resin materials. If you choose porcelain veneers, these are going to be more stain resistant compared to composite resin veneers. They also resemble the shine of natural teeth.
When are veneers most useful?
- Extremely discolored teeth which cannot be whitened with whitening treatments
- Teeth that are slightly chipped or broken
- Teeth that are worn down due to acid attack and erosion
- Misaligned teeth, uneven teeth or the teeth that are irregularly shaped
- Teeth with visible gaps and spaces
What are the benefits of using dental veneers?
Veneers are very helpful when it comes to enhancing the color, size and shape of your teeth. They can cover several teeth imperfections, including defects, stains, minor flaws and damages caused by injuries and dental procedures like root canal treatment. Even patients with gaps and spaces between their teeth choose veneers because veneers are known to last for many years especially when given proper care. Here are more of the disadvantages of choosing veneers.
- Porcelain veneers are stain resistant so when you choose this type of veneer, you can maintain a white and brighter smile.
- Veneers do not cause significant damage to your teeth because they only require a small amount of tooth enamel to be removed. This means that the health and the strength of your teeth are still maintained.
- Veneers do not cause gum irritation especially when porcelain materials are used because your gum tissues can tolerate porcelain well.
- You can choose the color of veneers that will match the natural color of your teeth.
For more information about dental veneers, you can call Hermitage Dental Group at (615) 241-6461.